July 6, 2010

4th of july cupcakes on the 5th of july because thats how we roll

YUMMMY!! Little man and I made these last night!!!
I made them with a white box cake 
Divided 3 cups with the batter put blue food coloring in one red in on and then kept the other white
scooped white, blue, and red into the tins.
Baked as directed and this is what came out!! SUPA cute!
So the icing didn't do what I wanted it to do I put blue and red into the icing mixture and it didn't come out as cool as I was predicting! Oh well its probably because I used cream cheese frostin instead of buttercream I think the buttercream would have been more stiff. Oh well I LOVE cream cheese frosting though plus I had to improvise because I didn't have enough butter!
Recipe for Cream Cheese Icing:
1/2 C. Butter (soften)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese (soften)
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 C. powdered sugar or 1 box
Cream all together...put into a gallon size freezer bag and cut off tip and then slap onto cupcake!! or you can make it all fancy like, but who cares if its just for your family just munch them up!!! They won't last very long promise!!!!

This is where I got the idea! Her cupcakes are SUPER pretty!! I hope one day mine will look like her's haha

No comments:

Post a Comment